Historic Schoolhouse Renovation
Napa Valley Unified School District
- Completion Date: October 2007
- Square Footage: 9,980 (Modernization)
- Final Construction Cost: $3.5M
Originally built in 1923 to serve as the schoolhouse for the small rural community of Salvador, the structure was boarded up in 1967 and has been used only for storage since. But with the passing of a local bond, the district could finally rehabilitate the neglected building into a multi-use, library, and classroom building for the existing Salvador Elementary School campus.
While fully modernizing the building with high ceilings, abundant daylight, and new technology, the original Mission Revival architecture and historic charm were preserved. Rehabilitated and restored, the old Salvador schoolhouse once again functions as the visual anchor of the campus.
2008 Merit Award | Napa County Landmarks Association
- Elementary School
- Multipurpose Room
They are attentive and responsive to the needs of their clients throughout the process and even after the fact, and they fit so effectively within the kind of collaborative work environment that we deeply value in this district.John Glaser, Former Superintendent, Napa Valley Union School District